A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join an international design consultancy who specialise in the museum and heritage sector across the globe. The Senior Designer will provide creative support to deliver design projects from conception to completion and will understand the deliverables required for each individual project. Senior Designers are expected to act as Project Lead in appropriate circumstances.
Reporting to Project Leads and Directors, the Senior Designer will be supported by his/her Line Manager. The Senior Designer will be expected to work with colleagues from 3D, 2D, Interpretation and Project Management.
- – Present their own ideas and those of others to clients, preparing and leading workshops and
- – Communicate creativity through sketches, creative software and modelling packages
(Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max)
- – Work within a creative team to ensure that the highest presentation standards are met
- – Contribute ideas and design direction to the overall brief
- – Where appropriate create or brief others in the development of CAD drawings
Skills and Experience
Educated to degree standard the Designer will have design consultancy experience of at least 5 years; experience within exhibit/heritage design would be advantageous.
- – Excellent presentational skills with the ability to articulate their approach and reasoning behind their work
- – Innovative with the ability to redefine project briefs meeting the constraints of cost, time and client demands
- – Proficiency in the use of industry-standard creative software packages
- – Demonstrable people management skills, willing to mentor and develop others
- – The ability to create and communicate design solutions developed within a collaborative team
- – Good organisational skills with the ability to plan and deliver to deadlines, to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
Hours and Salary
- – 9.00am to 5.00pm
- – £40,000 to £50,000 depending on experience.
Job Ref: 20229