A brilliant strategic design agency based in London W2 who specialise in product, packaging and brand outputs and have done for over a decade. Working with a huge array of companies, from well-known market leaders to start-up brands. Fully understanding peoples habits, cultures, customs, and mutual differences allow them to create amazing and innovative design.
Through their marketing, this agency ensures that their clients and potential clients know what services they provide and how they can help them achieve their objectives. Through their business development activities, they gain a good understanding of the market they work in and carefully track prospective clients using CRM, identifying where there may be appetite for their talents and the budget to
procure their services. They work across the brand ecosystem, providing research, strategy and design services spanning branding, graphics, digital, product and packaging. Broad knowledge of agency skills is therefore desirable.
The Business Development Manager will help them find new business and is responsible for building a pipeline of opportunities to win and convert alongside the senior team. They play a pivotal role in growing revenue in line with business objectives and building their reputation across 3 key markets:
- – Health – healthcare and pharmaceuticals, inc RX and OTC drug branding, digital comms, packaging, medical device development and training tools.
- – Home – diverse range of consumer sectors, including smart systems, sound and vision, kitchen and bath, lifestyle and security.
- – Health/Home Convergence – including digital health, connected care, wellbeing, independent living and sleep.
Working closely with the COO, CEO and wider studio, the BDM role will involve;
- – Building and managing a portfolio of clients and generating a pipeline of opportunities by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and driving closure of business with them.
- – Ensuring opportunities are in line with company growth goals and qualified against the agencies strategic, commercial and operational requirements.
- – Knowing the key decision-makers in each organisation and building rapport with them by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities. Sustain visibility by keeping contacts informed of our thought leadership, connecting them to seminars and events.
- – Working with colleagues to identify prospective clients across the UK and abroad, identifying where there may be an appetite for our specialist and integrated services and the budget to procure them.
- – Maintaining accurate records on CRM of review dates with companies, seeking review opportunities and maintaining regular contact with prospects to ensure inclusion on rosters.
- – Keeping CRM up to date with client details, ensuring it reflects our core prospects’ organisations and the personnel who will be instrumental in delivering future revenue streams to Precipice. In addition, keeping pipeline data up to date, ensuring it reflects the value of the opportunity.
- – Working closely with COO and Client Service Manager to ensure a smooth transfer of opportunities at pitch stage. Assisting in preparation of tender opportunities, ensuring a timely and effective response.
- – Project managing the tender process within a portfolio from start to finish, on time and to the very best standard in conjunction with CEO and COO. Coordinate the parties involved and keep stakeholders well informed along the way.
- – Take ownership of the completion of RFPs, RFIs, due diligence questionnaires and general requests about any part of our offer.
- – Request and record feedback from prospects and share to relevant parties for learning and improvement.
- – Helping out with marketing activities including online marketing, social media (especially LinkedIn and social media pages), conference/seminars/promotional events. Networking frequently to promote the company.
- – Open and honest, and an excellent communicator who thrives on working with others.
- – Able to develop a deep knowledge of our capabilities and coherently articulate them to develop long-term strategic partnerships with prospects by encouraging them to work across the full spectrum of the companies offer.
- – Confident and comfortable client-facing at all levels. Builds rapport easily.
- – Able to bring knowledge of industry trends, businesses and sales and marketing practices into our business development workstreams.
- – Logical, organised and able to prioritise & multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- – Tenacious in the pursuit of opportunities. Thorough, patient and resilient in working through the sales process.
- – Competent cold-caller with an excellent interpersonal manner that opens doors.
- – First-class English language skills – verbal and written. Other languages are advantageous.
- – Comfortable with handling confidential legal documentation and acting/filing appropriately.
- – Strong Office 365 skills, high level of proficiency in CRM systems (ideally Hubspot).
- – Ability to travel frequently to meetings/events in the UK and overseas.
They are offering a basic salary of £40k per annum plus performance-related bonuses for the right individual, who will also enjoy being part of a friendly, ambitious and dynamic studio environment. They encourage flexible working and provide all of our associates with private healthcare, enrolment in their company pension scheme, paid sabbatical and an opportunity to secure annual bonus and mid-year pay increases through their merit review process.
Job Ref: 20237